Any individual who is interested in applying for employment with the city must submit a full application packet. A full packet includes an Official City of Anthony Application Form, a letter of interest, resume and three (3) verifiable references. If your packet is missing any of the these items, it will be rejected. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications or the application will not be considered. All potential candidates must be able to pass a full and detailed criminal background check. Interviews will only be conducted in-person.
It is the applicants responsibility to read and understand the job description and minimum qualifications. Complete job descriptions can be requested from the office of the City Clerk. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Failure to provide required information on the application may result in rejection of your application.
The City of Anthony is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to follow all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other unlawful criteria, except where a reasonable valid Occupational Qualification exists. The City of Anthony will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of an applicant with a disability, upon request, unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship on the operation of the city.
Posting Closes promptly at 4pm on Thursday October 25th, 2018
Administrative Assistant III/Project Administrator
Reports to: Mayor/City Clerk or Designee
FLSA: Full Time Classified
Salary: Hourly Position, Starting at $14.50
In order to be considered you must provide the following:
- Completed Application
- Letter of Interest
- Three (3) professional references
Background check and drug screening are administered to all potential employees.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for management of all municipal projects. Coordinates the implementation of grant awards and ensures post-award compliance; Compiles financial and non-financial data for the preparation of internal reports, compliance reports, and grant billings. In addition, performs a wide range of clerical and administrative support functions for the Administration Department. Primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc. Spends significant time on project management responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects.
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to the supervisor, Mayor and Board of Trustees.
- Learn and implement all grant funding agencies’ policies, procedures and deadlines to ensure compliance by city.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective action if necessary.
- Process and monitor project budgets and pertinent deadlines.
- Meet with contractors, engineers, and/or funding agencies to ensure smooth project implementation and closeouts.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology.
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to upper management, Mayor and Board of Trustees.
- Assists in the following: answering telephone, screen and direct calls, take and relay messages, provides information to callers.
- May perform general administrative and clerical support, prepare letters and documents. May receive and sort mail and deliveries as well as posting notices and agendas in designated sites as needed.
- Dresses professionally at all times while on duty and at all city functions as per the City of Anthony employee handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Poses a valid New Mexico driver’s license with clear driving record in accordance with the City of Anthony, NM policy. Must pass a thorough background check. Associate’s degree in public administration, accounting, business or closely related field with at least one-year experience in project administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project administration, processes and budgeting.
- Ability to maintain, analyze and keep track of funds and programming budget.
- Good computer skills using software such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills including the ability to prepare reports.
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understands who are the funding agencies, their procedures and deadlines.
- Knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools.
- Stress and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
- Ability to maintain standards of conduct and be respectful.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the community.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from general public. Fluent in the English and Spanish language, preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environments. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to reach pre-determined goals set by Mayor and/or Board of Trustees of obtaining funding in form of grants for city projects.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will work in an office environment and outdoors when visiting project work sites. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will work in an office environment and outdoors when visiting project work sites. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Completed application packet may be turned into the reception at City Hall located at 820 Highway 478 Anthony, NM 88021. Or you may email the packet to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line “Project Coordinator”