Please submit completed Employee Packet to Reception Desk located at 820 Highway 478, Anthony NM 88021. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Finance Officer
Job Posting Closes July 03, 2020 at 4:00pm Sharp
Reports To: City Manager
FLSA Status: Classified
Approved Date: May 28, 2020
Performs professional administrative duties. Exercises either direct or functional control over such functions as accounting, auditing, financial planning and reporting, taxation, revenue collection and property records management. The finance officer shall abide by, implement and enforce the direction of the City Manager and always act in the best interests of the City.
• Responsible for all revenue collection (taxes, special assessments, license fees, rent)
• Receives funds from various governmental sources
• Responsible for the custody of all public funds
• Reconciles all bank and fund accounts monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Submits bank and credit card statements and quarterly budget reports to City Manager and Governing Board.
• Supervises annual audit
• Compiles current expense and capital estimates
• Estimates annual revenues and probable tax yields
• Prepares and presents annual budget with city manager to the board for approval
• Supervises disbursement of all funds and controls all expenditures, including petty cash
• Maintains custody of all the city’s invested funds & administers Bonds
• Works alongside with payroll/procurement clerk and is back-up for bi-monthly payroll process
• Has oversight of all City procurement
• Performs all budget adjustments in finance system and presents to board for approval
• Submits quarterly state and federal payroll taxes
• Upon board approval, submits quarterly reports to Department of Finance Administration (DFA)
• Consults with staff and board as needed
• Complies with all applicable federal and state statutes
• Updates Finance Policies and Procedures
• Attends finance-related trainings and participates in professional development
• Prepares and presents all W-2’s to all employees annually
• Reports all taxes collected from employees to relevant institutions
• Deposits funds collected by departments
•A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, accounting, business administration or other related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
•At least five (5) years of related experience in technical accounting and auditing preferably in municipal government.
•Experience with In-code 10 ERP system preferred
•Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Must hold valid driver’s license and pass criminal background check