Please submit completed Employee Packet to Reception Desk located at 820 Highway 478, Anthony NM 88021. Or email to email@example.com with subject line: Maintenance
Job Posting Closes June 18, 2021 at 4:00pm Sharp
Maintenance Worker I
Department: Public Works
Reports to: Public Works Supervisor
Full Time, Permanent
Hourly Pay: $11.11 (Plus Benefits*)
*benefits include City-paid premiums at 80% for employees and 70% for dependents for health, dental and vision; 100% life insurance for employees; 13 paid holidays annually; retirement through Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA); Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying administration of need for repairs. Assists with maintenance and repairs of buildings, facilities and grounds as well as the maintenance, repair, and construction of streets, drainage, alley systems and landscaping of parks and facility grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following
essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance to ensure that hazard are not created.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Remove snow and/or debris from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Mix water and detergents or acid in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, Seal finish and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
- Steam-Clean or shampoo carpets.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect or rodent infestation.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, table, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Assist with the cutting and removal of weeds and grass in or around municipal buildings and parks.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Assist Maintenance Worker II and Ill with duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a High School diploma or GED and valid driver’s license. One year of janitorial or building maintenance experience required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Anthony policy. Must pass a thorough background investigation. Must have a cell phone and be able to report to work within thirty (30) minutes in order to respond to emergency/on-call situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors. Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Knowledge of basic math skills, communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Maintain work logs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments
- Must be willing to work regular hours.
- Willingness to work outside in inclement weather
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is performed in office environment as well as outside, sometimes in inclement weather. Work may involve light to medium physical demand.