Please submit completed Employee Packet to Reception Desk located at 820 Highway 478, Anthony NM 88021. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: MVD CLERK
Job Posting Closes July 23, 2021 at 4:00pm Sharp
Reports to: MVD Lead Clerk
Full Time, Permanent
Starting Salary: $11.11
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision performs a variety of office support and technical tasks relating to motor vehicle transactions and collections. Processes motor vehicle titles, registrations, driver licenses, identification cards, road test, written tests, VIN inspections, and receives payments for services provided. Determines regulatory and procedural compliance and verifies data. Deals with the general public in person, by telephone and by letter. Files documents. Enters and retrieves information on computer. Assists in bookkeeping functions. Saves and preserves all motor vehicle records as required by the state department of motor vehicles. Performs other clerical and non-clerical duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties, which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
1. Assists customers in person and over the telephone with questions relating to motor vehicle transactions. Performs all motor vehicle licensing functions in accordance with state motor vehicle department procedures.
2. Prepares, issues and processes motor vehicle titles, registrations, validations, and license plates. Examines documents submitted by customers for motor vehicle titles and registrations. Determines authenticity of documents. Issues appropriate license and registrations. Add and release security interest on motor vehicle titles. Maintains record accurately and securely.
3. Collects, handles, and accounts for motor vehicle fees. Balances accounts. Deposits daily collections in proper accounts.
4. Correctly determines fees. Collects and makes record of fees.
5. Maintains orderly files.
6. Process the imaging of title records by scanning records daily. Performs a variety of office support tasks, including answering the telephone, recording and forwarding messages, answering questions in person and/or over the telephone about motor vehicle issues, and enters data into the computer.
7. When necessary, assist MVD Manager in preparing the daily balance sheet by counting cash and adding checks. Collects handles and accounts for motor vehicle fees. Balances accounts. Deposits daily collections in proper accounts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age or older. High School Diploma or equivalent. Poses a valid New Mexico driver’s license with clear driving record in accordance with the City of Anthony, NM policy. Must pass a thorough criminal FBI fingerprint driven background check; citizen of the United States or alien work status documents pursuant to the Federal Immigration laws.
Any combination of education above the high school level, training and/or clerical experience totaling 2 (two) years is required.
Cash handling experience totaling 2 (two) years in any combination of training or on-hand experience is required.
Customer service or direct customer interaction experience totaling 2 (two) years is required.
Fluent in the English and Spanish languages is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain standards of conduct and be respectful.
- Ability to learn and apply procedures governing motor vehicle interactions.
- Proficient with computers and related software. Skill in accurately entering and retrieving data on computer.
- Ability to learn and apply computer codes, programs, and procedures relating to motor vehicle interactions
- Ability to proofread work and check computations for accuracy.
- Ability to operate a computer, cash register, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax machine, and printers.
- Ability to read and examine documents for authenticity.
- Ability to count currency and make correct change for cash transactions.
- Ability to maintain orderly files.
- Ability to accurately transcribe data from one source to another.
- Skills in effectively dealing with people in a courteous and helpful manner in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other public officials and the public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Work is performed within a small office setting and must maintain harmony and encourage good working relationships with all co-workers and other government entities. Must occasionally lift books or boxes of paper weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance. The mission of the City of Anthony’s MVD is to serve all citizens of Anthony and surrounding areas in a courteous, professional and positive manner.